The Wu's Tai Chi Chuan Association was founded by master Wu Chien Chuan in Shanghai in 1935.
In 1939, the members of the Association raised money to establish a gym of 100m2 and an outdoor area of 50m2 on the 9th floor of the YMCA building on Xizhang Road in Shanghai for people to learn and practice Tai Chi Chuan . There were three classes everyday and many enthusiasts were attracted to learn Tai Chi Chuan from Master Wu.
The first leader of the Association was Master Wu Chien Chuan and
the deputy leader was Master Ma Yueh Liang ( Master Wu's son-in-law) and Master Wu Ying Hua (Master Wu's daughter).
Master Wu Chian-Cuan died in 1942. Master Wu Kung Yi (Master Wu's son) took his place. After he left for Hongkong in 1948, the Association in Shanghai was taken over by Master Ma Yueh Liang and Master Wu Ying Hua .The Shanghai Wu's Tai Chi Chuan Association was re-established in 1981. After the death of Master Ma Yueh Liang and Master Wu Ying Hua, their son, Sifu Ma Hai Long became the leader of the association
Copyright © 2014 International Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan Federation.